In order to protect our patrons and staff and continue to provide services to the community, the Library is implementing a phased reopening plan. We will implement this approach by following Local guidelines, along with State and Federal recommendations. This plan is subject to change as the situation evolves. Please contact the library at 563-263-3065 ext. 1 for current information.
- All library staff report to building
- Contactless Curbside Pickup 10am-4pm Monday thru Friday, 10am-2pm Saturday, & 1pm-3pm Sunday
- Driveup Bookdrop open 24/7
- Returned items are checked in and then quarantined according to guidelines
- Children’s and Adult programming recording and posted live on Facebook and aired on Channel 5
- Staff wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where appropriate
- Social Distancing (SD) measures in place
PHASE II (June 1st, 2020)
- Continue all Phase I services except where different below:
- Library reopens at 10am on June 1st, 2020.
- Library hours will be 10am-6pm Monday thru Friday, 10am-2pm Saturday, & 1pm-3pm Sunday.
- Both Entrances will be open.
- Building capacity will be limited to 75 people at a time.
- Patrons are encouraged to limit the amount of time they are in the library to less than 3 hours per day.
- Seating will be limited primarily to computer use.
- No meeting room reservations will be allowed at this time.
- Desktop & Tablet computer usage will be on a first come, first serve basis and will be limited to 3 hours per day.
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Services will resume.
- Library patrons are encouraged to wear masks while in the building. Masks will be provided as supplies allow.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian at all times.
- Staff will perform routine cleaning of all public surfaces throughout the day.
PHASE III (September 1st, 2020)
- Continue all Phase I & II services except where different below:
- Increase the number of patrons allowed in the building at any given time
- Increase allotted time patrons can remain in building
- Increase the number of hours the library is open to the public. The library is now open Mon-Thur 10am-9pm, Fri 10am-6pm, Sat 10am-2pm, Sun 1pm-3pm
- Limited meeting rooms available with reduced capacity and conforming to Social Distancing measures. Meeting rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 3 hrs/day
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian at all times
- Limited casual seating available conforming to Social Distancing measures
PHASE IV (March 1st, 2021)
- Continue all Phase I, II, & III Services except where different below:
- Increase patron capacity 100 people at a time and expand Sunday hours to 12pm-4pm
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at all times
- Open #301 Program Room to the public. Capacity is capped at 25 people and masks are required at all times
PHASE V (Date TBD-Library will determine indicators necessary to move to this phase in conjunction with Federal, State & Local Guidelines)
- Full resumption of services
- Continue Contactless Curbside Pickup until further notice
- Continue use of Personal Protective Equipment and Social Distancing measures as needed