Passwords are needed to check your account or to place your own holds, either online or at the library. Your password may be any combination of numbers and letters, up to 14 characters. Passwords are case sensitive, which means that UPPER or lower case letters matter. A password is not needed to search the library catalog.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you may reset it online, or bring a photo ID to the checkout desk to have it changed.
To change your current password, log into your account. Choose My Account, then My Record. At the bottom of the page, choose Change Logon and follow the instructions.
Requests for materials may be placed online or by phone. To place a hold online, a library card and password are required.
To place a request online, first log into your account, and search our catalog for the materials you’d like to request. Once you’ve found the item you’re interested in, click on Place Request on the right. Choose your pickup location from the dropdown menu, and click on Submit Request. The library will contact you when your item is ready to be picked up.
To place holds over the phone, call (563) 263-3065, and choose the appropriate option:
- To request fiction books, feature film DVDs, nonfiction books or DVDs, audiobooks or CDs, choose extension 102.
- To request children’s or teen items, choose extension 107.
Most items may be renewed as long as no-one else is waiting for them. The new due date is based on the date you are making the renewal, NOT on the original due date. Materials may be renewed in person, by phone (call our automated Tele-circ system at 888-534-6130 and choose option 1), or online.
To renew library materials, please have the following ready:
- The library card number used to check out the materials
- The title OR the barcode number from each item to be renewed.
To renew items online:
Log into your account, then click on Items Out. On the right side you will see how many renewals you have left for an item. On the left, click on the check boxes next to the titles you want to renew, then click on Renew Selected Items. You can also renew all of your items by clicking on Renew All Items.
You may choose to have the library keep a list of items you’ve checked out as a part of your online personal account. The list will be kept for 5 years, or up to 500 items. Turn this option on yourself online or talk to the staff at the checkout desk.
To turn Reading History on or off yourself:
Log into your account, then click on My Account, then My Record. Click on Contact Information and Preferences, then check the box next to Maintain Reading History. Finally, click on Submit Change Request.
The Reading History list is not editable; you cannot keep only selective titles on the list. You may click on the column headings to change the sort order: author, title, format, checkout date or loaning library./su_spoiler]
- If the Musser Public Library owns or has ordered the item you want, it cannot be requested through interlibrary loan.
- You may have up to 8 active requests per card at one time.
- Your card cannot be expired and you cannot owe more than $5 in fines, fees or other charges.
- Patrons with Computer Access library cards are not eligible for interlibrary loan services.
- Students should request course materials through their school library.
- Copyright restrictions may apply to some photocopy requests.