Musser Public Library provides 8 Microsoft Surface Pro tablets for use by library patrons that meet the following requirements:
Tablet Program Facts
- Tablets can be borrowed by Musser Public Library card holders 18 years of age and older.
- Tablets are for in-library use only. They cannot be taken outside the library.
- Tablets and desktop computers that require a Musser Public Library card can be used in any combination for a total of two hours daily.
- Tablets can print wirelessly to library printers.
- Tablets have the following computer programs:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Office 2016 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Adobe Acrobat
- Tablets may be checked out at the Information Desk.
- You must have a library card from Musser Public Library (excluding Computer Access Cards) with no outstanding fines over $10.00.
- You must read, understand and sign the Musser Public Library Tablet Use Agreement.
Loan Periods and Use Procedures
- Tablets can be borrowed for in-library use only.
- Tablet use is not transferable. Borrowers must maintain the tablet in their immediate possession at all times during their reservation.
- Tablets can be borrowed for up to two hours.
- If you cannot log in, please bring the laptop to a Library staff member.
- Return the tablet after your session is over to make it available for the next user.
- If you are using the tablet at the end of the day it must be returned 15 minutes prior to the library closing.
- No tablets can be borrowed 30 minutes prior to the library closing.
- There are no DVD/CD drives on the tablets. You must use a personal USB device to save your work.
- All files and downloads will be deleted when your session has been completed.