Get a Library Card
It’s FREE and EASY! Library cards are free for anyone living in the city of Muscatine or in rural Muscatine County. To get a card, you must have a photo ID and proof of your current address. For children under the age of 12, we require the photo ID and signature of a parent or guardian.
- Come into our location at 408 E. 2nd St. to complete a registration and bring your photo ID and proof of current address. Minors under the age of 18 may also get a library card if they have a current photo ID and proof of current address. Minors without these documents will need to come in with a parent or legal guardian who can provide a photo ID and proof of current address.
Apply For a Library Card Online:
- Digital Access Card. Don’t have time to stop by the Library, but still want to use our online resources? Our Digital Access Card is for you! With the Digital Access Card Muscatine residents can use all of our online resources, including OverDrive, Freegal, and more without leaving home! Be sure to choose “Digital Access Card” when you register online.
- In order to get a physical card to replace your temporary Digital Access Card barcode(and check out physical materials), you will need to come to the library and present a photo ID and a form of address verification.
For off-site locations and school groups:
- Download a card application
- Fill out as much as you can and bring the card application in along with a photo ID and proof of current address.
The Musser Public Library is a member of the RiverShare Library System (RSL). A regular Musser Public Library card grants you the ability to check out materials at any RS library.
Other Card Types
Computer Access Cards
- For those who do not have proof of current address. This is for access to the Internet and the Microsoft Office suite on the desktop computers.
- Computer Access cards cannot be used to borrow tablets.
- Patrons must be 18 years of age and older.
- Computer Access cards expire after 1 year.
- Computer Access replacement cards are $2.00.
Contract Area Cards
Individuals who live in the following areas are eligible for a Musser Public Library card. Certain restrictions may apply
- Illinois Townships (IL contract area cards limit borrowers to only those items owned by Musser Public Library)
- Buffalo Prairie
- New Boston
- Fruitland (Fruitland residents are eligible for regular Musser Public Library cards)
Open Access Cards
- Individuals that live within city limits of other towns in Muscatine County and individuals that live in the service area of any Iowa library that participates in the Open Access Program is eligible for a Musser Public Library card. Certain restrictions apply.