During the zoo’s heyday, the log cabin was known as the snake house. Snakes of many kinds were housed here as well as turtles, frogs and lizards. Behind the cabin were small cages housing a bobcat, a fox, and other small mammals. The cabin is now the only remaining structure from the original zoo.
Dr. James Weed donated the land for the park in 1899. Although Dr. Weed came to Muscatine to practice dentistry, he quickly turned his interest to plants, farming, and inventing. His farm was known as the Weed Pomological Gardens.
Interested in volunteering? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org