The Musser Public Library can borrow materials from other libraries outside of the RiverShare Library System (RLS). First confirm that Musser Public Library (or RLS) does not own a title by searching the library catalog by author, title, or keyword. If the library does not own the item, we will try to borrow it for you through interlibrary loan.
You can place an interlibrary loan request for older materials:
- over the phone by calling 563-263-3065
- in person at any library service desk
Recently published materials may not be borrowed through interlibrary loan.
To request new materials, please fill out the following form:
Inter-Library Loan FAQ
- What is Inter-Library Loan (ILL)?
- Musser Public Library can borrow materials not in our catalog from other libraries for our patrons.
- How likely am I to get what I request?
- About 85% of requests are filled.
- What can’t I get through ILL?
- Newly released DVDs, newly published books, ebooks and digital movies, eReaders, computer software, or entire issues of magazines are unavailable.
- How can I check the status of my request?
- Call the Interlibrary Loan Office at 563-263-3065 ext. 3
- What happens when my Inter-Library Loans come in?
- You will be notified by phone or email. One you are notified, the materials will be held at the Holds Shelf next to the Information Desk.
- How long can I keep my Inter-Library Loan materials?
- This depends on the lender. Your ILL item will be banded with a white piece of paper that will show the due date. The lending period begins immediately after you are notified.
- Can I renew my Inter-Library Loan Materials?
- Usually, no. If you need an item for longer than the loan period, the best approach is to return the item on time and place a new request. If that’s not a workable solution, we can request a renewal from the lending library, but it requires a few days’ notice, and many libraries simply do not renew ILL materials.
- What are the restrictions on this service?
- If the Musser Public Library owns or has ordered the item you want, it cannot be requested through interlibrary loan
- You may have up to 8 active requests per card at one time (this includes book groups and classes)
- Your card cannot be expired and you cannot owe more than $5 in fines, fees or other charges
- Patrons with temporary library cards are not eligible for interlibrary loan services
- Students should request course materials through their school library
- Copyright restrictions may apply to some photocopy requests